So you want to get lean without using any equipment? Or maybe you don't have time to go to the gym?
Well, you're in luck! Body weight exercises are a great way to tone your body and burn more calories in less time.
Plus, they can be done anywhere, anytime.
So give them a try today!
Tone your body without using any equipment
To answer the question from the title of this article, yes, you can just do body weight exercises to get lean.
In fact, bodyweight exercises are a great way to tone your entire body without having to use any equipment at all!
However, getting lean by just relying on bodyweight exercises can be difficult.
This is because you need to create a calorie deficit in order to lose weight and get leaner.
And since you're not using any equipment, you might not be able to burn as many calories as you would if you were using weights or other equipment.
Plus, you will be missing out on the opportunity to build muscle with weight-bearing exercises.
Burn more calories in less time
As we mentioned before, one of the great benefits of bodyweight exercises is that they help you burn more calories in less time.
That's because when you use your own body weight as resistance, your muscles have to work harder to move your body.
This means that you not only build muscle but also burn more calories in the process!
No need to go to the gym
Another great benefit of bodyweight exercises is that you don't need to go to the gym to do them!
You can do them anywhere, anytime.
That means you can save time and money by working out at home or in your backyard.
And if you're traveling, you can still get a great workout in without having to find a gym.
Suitable for all fitness levels
Another great thing about bodyweight exercises is that they're suitable for all fitness levels.
Whether you're a beginner or a seasoned athlete, you can find bodyweight exercises that are perfect for you.
It's very important for beginners to start slow and gradually increase the intensity of their workouts.
But with bodyweight exercises, it's easy to do that since there are so many different variations that you can try.
Best body weight exercises to try out
If you're looking for some great bodyweight exercises to try out, here are a few of our favorites:
- Squats: Start with your feet shoulder-width apart and lower yourself down into a squat. Make sure to keep your chest up and your back straight as you lower yourself down.
- Push-ups: Start in a plank position with your hands shoulder-width apart. Lower yourself down until your chest touches the ground and then push back up.
- Lunges: Start with your feet shoulder-width apart and take a big step forward with one leg. Lower yourself down until your front knee is at a 90-degree angle and then push back up.
- Sit-ups: Start by lying on your back with your knees bent and your feet flat on the ground. Place your hands behind your head and sit up, making sure to use your abs to lift your body up.
- Burpees: Start in a standing position with your feet shoulder-width apart. Lower yourself down into a squat and then place your hands on the ground. Jump your feet back into a plank position and then jump them back up to your hands. Stand up and repeat.
Can you just do body weight exercises to get lean?
Absolutely! In fact, these exercises might be all you need to see the results you’re looking for.
Body weight exercises are a great way to burn calories and tone your body without using any equipment.
You can do them anywhere, anytime, and they are suitable for all fitness levels.
So, what are you waiting for?
Give some of our suggested best body weight exercises a try today!